Fiserv Network Engineer, Staff in Alpharetta, Georgia
What does a great network engineer, staff do at Fiserv?
The WAN Network Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery and support of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product, and other Delivery teams, the candidate will design, deliver, maintain, and support infrastructure solutions that are technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meet the requirements of the business.
Delivery of new infrastructure solutions requires a variety of skills including network architecture design, detailed topology document creation, hands-on build-out and configuration of the network solution, and technical leadership skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time. The engineer will be responsible for network designs for products for
Fiserv clients, including the physical and logical design of the network components in a multi-tenant data center, heavy IP design, routing as well as establishing network fail-over capabilities between components. The engineer must be highly knowledgeable in NAT schemes. The candidate will work both with in-house and telecommunication provider resources.
A high degree of collaboration with other Product and Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, be forward thinking, and be able to work effectively across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
The WAN engineering team is a point of escalation for operational issues, and will have some expectations regarding tier 3 support. Additional support related tasks may include major upgrade / patch planning and coordination, capacity planning, technical roadmaps, health-checks, and involvement in any significant quality issues for the existing infrastructure.
You are the kind of person who enjoys:
• Ensure the integrity and availability of the data transmitted to/from/through the Fiserv enterprise networks
• Architect, Design, and implement enterprise grade network infrastructure solutions to protect and support direct consumer facing solutions
• Define and document a 3 year network technology vision/roadmap for the Fiserv consumer facing solutions network
• Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Network Designs for internally hosted solution that include redundancy, diversity, as well as provide direction and recommendations concerning touch-points.
• Support Product Selection Processes by creating a detailed evaluation protocols, work with vendors, and evaluate proposed solutions.
• Provisioning and deployment of new systems
• Responsible for establishing test criteria and validating the technology or deployment.
• Work across several teams to restore service rapidly during an escalated incident
• Technical leadership for project based assignments
• Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
• Performance tuning, and crash dump analysis; Analyze the root cause of incidents
• Identify opportunities for system automation and process improvement
• Create in-depth documentation of processes and system configuration
• Provide and receive cross training to/from immediate support team
• Drive Continual Service Improvement
• Script development for repeatable processes
• Extensive experience with IP Designs in a multi-tenant / multi-datacenter environment with failover / HA capabilities.
• Experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Spanning-tree, HSRP
• Experience with Cisco: Cisco IOS, Cisco Catalyst / Nexus Product Lines, Cisco CSS/ACE, Cisco VSS, F5, NetScaler
• Experience with the HP Network Automation tool is a plus.
• Experience with designing high-available networks, including both system and component level redundancy and the associated technologies to accomplish HA.
• Experience with layer 2 technologies.
• Experience with establishing vendor and/or service selection criteria to make product and other technology related selections and document the entire process as well as present the selection to a committee of peers.
• Experience with technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments.
• Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment, as it relates to the installation of the data center network.
• Experience with creating, updating and coordinating the implementation plan for all network related items.
• Experience providing connectivity to systems from one data center to another, involving IP design, NAT scheme, routing scheme and overall architecture.
• Knowledge of firewall technology also is a must.
• Experience with data center networking in a virtualized server environment (VMWare) is a plus.
• Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
• Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Keen attention to detail
• . Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field OR a High School diploma and 4 years of professional work experience in a related role.
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certifications are a plus.
• Firewall Configuration / Management Experience
• Experience in managing a multi-tenant data center environment.
• Knowledge of MS Visio to document network designs.
• Experience with networking virtualized server systems in a large data center environment is a plus.
• Passion to stay current with industry standards, new technologies and best practices through attending extensive training and performing research.
• High organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
• Experience administering network automation tools
• Ability to document test plans.
Who We Are:
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we're pushing the boundaries of what's possible with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation.
At Fiserv, you'll find a collaborative environment that values teamwork and open-mindedness. Our unique combination of expertise and innovative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We're helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.